This is a list of cases handled by our team
Period: August 1, 2006 to July, 2011
Independent matters :-
CASES AND REPORTED JUDGMENTS
Some of the important cases argued and handled before the Hon’ble Supreme Court include
- Pravasi Bhalai Sangathan v. UOI and Ors.
Writ Petition (C) No. 157 of 2013 pending
PIL on hate speech given by politicians, social and religious leaders from public platform on the lines of religion, region etc..
- DGM (HR&A) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd. v. Mrs. Tripty Paul and Ors.
SLP (C) No. 5240 of 2013 pending
Pertains to determining the legality of disciplinary proceeding initiated by the Management against the delinquent employee.
- Commander Anup Krishna Sood v. State of Jharkhand and Ors.
SLP (Crl) No. 22149 of 2012 pending
Pertains to challenging the vires of Rule 158 of the Jharkhand High Court Rules which mandates hearing of Criminal revision only after prior surrender even in cases pertaining to non-compliance with Industrial Award.
- Manoj Kumar & Ors. v. State of Rajasthan & Ors.
SLP (CC) No. 7840 of 2012 decided on 23.05.2013
Pertained to recruitment of Grade II Science Teachers by the State of Rajasthan.
- Ms. Filza Moonis and Anr. v. UOI and Ors.
Writ Petition (C) No. 213 of 2013 decided on 26.04.2013
PIL on derogatory speech made by politicians, social and religious leaders from public platform against women especially in the aftermath of crimes against women.
- M/s. Bajaj Automobiles v. M/s. Commercial Automobiles
SLP (CC) No. 23464 of 2012 decided on 22.01.2013
Pertained to eviction of tenanted premises on the ground of personal necessity.
- Zeba Parveen v. State of Chattisgarh
SLP (C) No. 7826 of 2012 decided on 03.12.2012
Pertained to grant of bail to LL.B Student.
- Ajmer Zilla Dugdh Utpadak Sahakari Sangh v. Employees Union
Civil Appeal No. 7946 of 2012 decided on 08.11.2012
Pertained to conditions in service and extent of autonomy to Milk Co-operatives Societies in the State of Rajasthan.
- Nohar Lal Soni & Ors. v. Madhu Saraf & Anr.
Criminal Appeal No. 1421 of 2012 decided on 14.09.2012
Pertained to quashing of Criminal Proceedings under Section 482 of the Cr.P.C.
- Alcobex Metals Lts. v. IFCI Ltd. and Ors.
SLP (C) No. 16311 of 2012 decided on 13.08.2012.
Pertained to Mercantile Laws, Commercial Transactions including Banking.
- Pushpa Kumari v. State of Bihar (2011) 10 SCC 189
Pertained to retrospective applicability of the NCTE Act, 1993
- A.P Dairy Development Corporation Federation v. B. Narasimha Reddy(2011) 9 SCC 286
Pertained to the autonomy of the cooperative societies
- Ramesha v. Registrar, High Court of Karnataka (2011)
Pertained to challenge to the illegal/arbitrary appointment of Senior Assistants in the Respondent High Court by the then Chief Justice on a mis-interpretation of the Service Rules
- Balachandra L. Jarkiholi and Ors. v. B.S Yeddyurappa and Ors. (2011) 7 SCC 1
Pertained to the validity of disqualification of MLAs from the Karnataka Legislative Assembly in terms of the Tenth Schedule of the Constitution of India.
- D.N Jeevaraju and Ors. v. D. Sudhakar and Ors. AIR 2011 SC 1158
Pertained to the validity of amendment of Interlocutory Application in a Writ Petition and the scope of Order VI R. 17 C.P.C.
- Rakesh Sharma and Ors. v. CMD, Uttranchal Power Corporation and Ors. (2011) 8 SCALE 215
Pertained to promotions of employees of the cadre of Technical Grade-II
- Pushpa Kumari v. State of Bihar & Ors. (2011) 10 SCC 189
Pertained to the validity of the B.Ed certificate issued to the students prior to the NCTE Act, 1994.
- Bharot Vijaykumar Balakrishna v. Modh Vinaykumar Dasrathlal and Ors. (2011) 7 SCC 308
Pertained to the validity of the appointments of Assistant Public Prosecutor (Class-II) made from the select list prepared on the basis of the written examination and viva voce and personality test held by the Gujarat Public Service Commission.
- A.P Housing Board v. K. Manohar Reddy (2010) 12 SCC 707
Pertained to determination of the market value of lands acquired under the Land Acquisition Act.
- Hari Bansh Lal v. Sahodar Prasad Mahto and Ors. (2010) 9 SCC 655
Pertained to the maintainability of the quashing of appointment of the Chairman, Jharkhand State Electricity Board.
- S. Nagraj (Dead) by LRs v. B.R Vasudeva Murthy and Ors. (2010) 3 SCC 353
Pertained to allotment of land by the State to Association of Teachers in terms of the Mysore (Personal and Miscellaneous) Inam Abolition Act, 1954 and the Karnataka Land Grant Rules, 1969.
- M.P Matsya Mahasangh v. Sudheer Kumar and Anr.
Pertained to Condonation of delay.
- Allahabad Bank and Anr. v. All India Allahabad Bank Retired Emps. Assn. 2009 (14) SCALE 577
Pertained to payment of gratuity to retired employees of the appellant Bank under the Payment of Gratuity Act.
- State of U.P. and Ors. v. Committee of Management, Mata Tapeshwari Saraswati Vidya Mandir and Ors. 2009 (14) SCALE 283
Pertained to applicability of grant in aid scheme for junior schools.
- Shiba Shankar Mohapatra and Ors. V. State of Orissa and Ors. 2009 (13) SCALE 689
Pertained to reconsideration of promotion of Sub-Inspectors (General) over Sub-Inspectors (Steno).
- Avinash Singh Bagri and Ors. V. Registrar IIT Delhi and Anr. (2009) 8 SCC 220
Pertained to consideration of the academic performance of ST/SC in the IITs.
- Fiza Developers and Inter-Trade P. Ltd. V. AMCI (I) Pvt. Ltd. and Anr. 2009 (11) SCALE 371
Pertained to applicability of the provision of the CPC in the Arbitration Act.
- High Court of Delhi and Anr. V. A.K. Mahajan and Ors. 2009 (8) SCALE 419
Pertained to retrospective or retroactive operation of the Rules of selection.
- Ravi Development V. Shree Krishna Prathisthan and Ors. (2009) 7 SCC 462
Pertained to determination of the validity of the Swiss Challenge Method adopted by the MHADA on a pilot basis with respect to a proposal received from a private entrepreneur.
- Hindustan Paper Corporation Ltd. V. Mrs. Premjit Kaur Takhi 2009 (7) SCALE 200
Pertained to reinstatement in service.
- State of West Bengal and Anr. V. West Bengal Regn. Copy Writers Assn. and Anr.2009 (7) SCALE 164
Pertained to determination of master-servant relationship between the Copywriters and the Government and equal treatment vis-à-vis other Government employees.
- University of Kerala V. Council, Principals’ Colleges, Kerala and Ors. (2009) 7 SCC 726
Pertained to the implementation of the Raghavan Committee Report on Ragging.
- State of Rajasthan and Ors. V. Jagdish Narain Chaturvedi 2009 (8) SCALE 28
Pertained to determination of whether ad hoc appointment/appointments on daily wage/work charge basis are appointments made to the cadre/service.
- Subbu Singh V. State by Public Prosecutor (2009) 6 SCC 462
Pertained to prosecution under the PC Act.
- R.R. Pillai (dead) through Lrs. V. Commanding Officer HQ S.A.C. (U) and Ors. JT 2009 (14) SC56
Pertained to adjudicating the correctness of the view of this Court in Union of India v. Mohd. Aslam 2001 (1) SCC 720.
- Anna Reddy Sambasiva Reddy and Ors. v. State of Andhra Pradesh 2009 (6) SCALE 223
Pertained to setting omission to frame a specific charge warrants setting aside of conviction.
- Indian Bank V. Godhara Nagrik Cooperative Credit Society Ltd. and Anr. 2008 (7) SCALE 363
Pertained to Banking Fraud and constructive liability and private and public law remedy under Art. 226 and 32.
- Ashoka Kumar Thakur V. Union of India (UOI) and Ors. (2008) 6 SCC 1 (CB)
Reservation for Admission in educational institutions or for public employment.
- S.S. and Company V. Orissa Mining Corporation Limited (2008) 5 SCC 772
Pertained to change in the eligibility criteria in a tender contract.
- Girias Investment Pvt. Ltd. and Anr. V. State of Karnataka and Ors. 2008 (4) SCALE 498
Pertained to interpretation of Section 28(3) of the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board Act, 1966. in the context of change of location in land acquisition.
- Sanjay Singh and Anr. V. U.P. Public Service Commission, Allahabad and Anr. (2007) 3 SCC 720
Pertained to determination of validity of scaling system to marks awarded in the examination conducted by the Respondent Commission.
- Parkash Singh Badal and Anr. V. State of Punjab and Ors. (2007) 1 SCC 1
Pertained to the sanction for prosecution under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
- C.A.G. of India V. State of Rajasthan and Ors. 2006 (8) SCALE 545
Pertained to appointment of Arbitrator.
Practicing in the Supreme Court as a Chamber Junior to Shri P.P Rao, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India (Padma Bhushan Awardee 2006 and Ex-President, Supreme Court Bar Association)
82, Lawyers Chambers, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi – 110 001. Tel: +91-11- 23386929, 23382250, 23388730. Fax: +91-11- 23782494. E-mail: email@example.com
- Work undertaken include Court Room Litigation, preparation of briefs, Legal Opinion drafting, drafting of Special Leave Petitions, Writ Petitions and Transfer Petitions, legal and case law research in matters before the Supreme Court of India and various High Courts.
- Associated in the research aspect of cases pertaining to Constitutional Law, Service laws, Election Laws, Securities transactions, Mining and Minerals, Land, Education, Company law, and Criminal law.
- Drafted 79 Special Leave Petitions (SLPs), 32 Writ Petitions, 36 Counter Affidavits and 9 Transfer Petitions in the Supreme Court of India Court in the abovementioned fields.
- Have pleaded before the Supreme Court of India (59 matters), High Court of Delhi (38 matters), BIFR/AIFR (6 matters), Company Law Board (5 matters), DRAT (19 matters), TDSAT (2 matters), National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (47 matters).